Monday, May 26, 2014

Classroom retro gamebord decorations

I love to decorate my classrooms. Each year I try to do something different. My first year of teaching I decorated in a game board theme. I had so much fun recycling old games with missing pieces and just bringing the nostalgic items back to life.
This is a picture of my 4th grade classroom. It is decorated in a retro game board theme. I made the curtains to resemble a Monopoly board. I had 8 windows. I used multi-color fabric and fabric paint.
My classroom is in an older building and the windows were cracked so I wanted to brighten up the room and make it look newer. My dad made the little desk plate holders out of recycled deck wood then we stained them. I just used one per set of 2 desks and slipped a laminated plastic name tag in each side to make them nice and sturdy.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment